San Diego, CA
Director, Medicinal Chemistry
We seek a highly talented and motivated Director of Medicinal Chemistry to drive Adcentrx Therapeutics ground-breaking efforts in cancer biotherapeutics drug development. The candidate will join a new team of researchers in San Diego, with the goal of developing novel targeted therapeutics that can make a difference in the life of cancer patients.
The successful candidate will be a results-driven scientist with extensive medicinal chemistry experience and a keen understanding of the drug discovery process. They will work in partnership with experienced drug hunters, external CROs, and academic collaborators to deliver IND-ready candidates for clinical
The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative and dynamic research environment working closely on a shared mission.
- Lead Medicinal Chemistry efforts for Adcentrx novel drug discovery programs
- Design and execute medicinal chemistry strategies with a blend of internal and external resources.
- Manage synthetic chemistry to deliver high-quality data in a timely manner
- Interpret biological and ADME data and design novel drugs that meet desired target profiles
- Collaborate with academic/external partners and stay current with competitive landscape
- Manage interactions with cross-functional team leaders to support compound progression
- Develop, implement, and deliver on team collaborations: including initial proposal development, planning timelines and resources, monitoring milestones and final deliverables
- Provide well-organized reports and presentations to project teams and senior management
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with 10+ years of drug discovery experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Accomplished scientist as evidenced by a strong track record of publications and delivery of clinical product candidates
- Experience in drug discovery and development
- Experience in managing diverse and multiple CROs
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast growing, dynamic team environment
Adcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options.
Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title.