San Diego, CA
Scientist/Research Associate- Antibody Drug Conjugate
We seek a highly talented and motivated Scientist to support Adcentrx Therapeutics ground–breaking efforts in cancer biotherapeutics drug development. The candidate will join a new antibody drug conjugate development team in San Diego, with the goal of developing novel targeted therapeutics that can make a difference in the life of cancer patients.
The Scientist will work closed with members of the development team, as well as the research team. The candidate will be part of a cross–functional team in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment working closely on a shared mission. The Scientist has the opportunity to be mentored and grow over time into a recognized leader in bio–oncology drug development.
The candidate will be responsible for developing processes for the manufacture of biologic, small molecule, and conjugate therapeutics. In this role they will working as part of a multi–disciplinary team including organic chemists, chemical engineers, analytical chemists and biologists. They will be responsible for initial research and discovery experiments, process development, tech transfer, and manufacturing support for clinical candidates. They will interface with internal development teams as well as internal and external manufacturing sites.
- BS/MS/PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, or other relevant disciplines
- Hands on experience in protein purification, organic synthesis, or protein conjugation
- Experience in characterization of conjugate therapeutics using various analytical methods: SEC, RP–HPLC, CE–SDS, HIC and IEF preferred
- Knowledge and experience of various bioconjugation methods ( cysteine, lysine, site specific or others) is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Understand and adhere to safety, quality and cGMP standards
- cGMP experience is preferable
Adcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options.
Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title.